Valuation & Forensic Accounting
Forensic Accounting deals with issues relating to the investigation and analysis of business and personal books and records to establish facts or evidence in a court of law. Thompson Accounting provides Certified Professional Forensic Financial consulting and Expert Testimony of Financial Issues.
We specialize in:
Examining financial records to determine their accuracy for litigation purposes and, when necessary, providing expert testimony.
- Family Law (Divorce)
- Construction Claims/Disputes
- Law Firm Dissolutions
- Probate Estates and Trusts
- Family Law Litigation
Family Law cases often present complex issues and difficult discovery. We are able to work with attorneys in the following areas:
- Analysis of community and separate interest in stock options including their effect on income available for support and strategy for division of non-employee's community interest.
- Serve as joint or court appointed expert in property or support issues.
- Assistance in complicated discovery related to business or personal assets and liabilities.
- Analysis of complex financial situations preparatory to negotiated settlement or trial.
- Appraisal and valuation of businesses.
- Apportionment of separate property interest in community business (Pereira/Van Camp).
- Tracing community or separate claims to property or evaluating credits claimed.
- Search for undisclosed property.
- Evaluation of income levels for spousal support and related tax effects of spousal support.
- Evaluation of alternatives to retain or dispose of business or personal assets.
- Analysis of income tax consequences associated with property divisions or support.
Business Valuations are a necessary or desirable service in many situations of need or adversity, and include the following types of engagements:
- Buy/Sell Agreements
- Charitable Contributions
- Estate and Gift Taxes
- Financing Arrangements
- Purchase or Sale of a Business
- Succession Planning
- Litigation, including:
- Business Disruption
- Dissenting Shareholder Actions
- Partner Disputes